Vaccination and Mask Policy for Broadway Shows in NYC
The owners and operators of all 41 Broadway theatres in New York City will continue to require vaccinations for audience members, as well as performers, backstage crew, and theatre staff, for all performances through April 30, 2022. Masks will continue to be required for audiences inside the theatre, except while actively eating or drinking in designated locations.
Under the policy, guests age 5 and older will need to be Vaccinated (as defined below) with an FDA or WHO authorized vaccine. Guests age 18 and over must present a government-issued photo ID such as a driver’s license or passport. Guests 12-17 may use a government-issued ID or school ID – no photo required. Guests ages 5 – 11 may enter the theatre only when accompanied by an adult who complies with the theatre’s vaccination entry requirements
For international guests TWO doses of any “mix and match” combination of an FDA or WHO approved COVID-19 vaccine are acceptable.
- “Vaccinated” means on the date of the performance a guest is at least 14 days after their second dose of a two dose COVID-19 vaccine OR at least 14 days after their single dose of an approved single dose COVID-19 vaccine.
- Any guest whose last vaccine dose (excluding boosters) was fewer than 14 days before the date of performance must, in addition to meeting these requirements, also present proof of (a) a negative COVID-19 PCR test within 72 hours of the performance time, or (b) a negative COVID-19 antigen test within 6 hours of performance time.
- Proof of vaccination must come directly from the healthcare provider that performed the vaccination. Guests may display proof on a smartphone or present a physical copy. New York State residents, or anyone who received a COVID-19 vaccine in New York State, may present proof through the use of the Excelsior Pass (for more details, visit epass.ny.gov) or any other digital app.
Effective at all times, guests under 5, when accompanied by a fully vaccinated adult may enter the theatre with ONE of the following:
- A negative COVID-19 PCR test performed by a medical provider within 72 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test; OR
- A negative COVID-19 rapid antigen test taken within 6 hours of the performance start time. The test results must clearly show the date and time of the test.
For more information regarding safety and safety protocols, please consult your show’s official website or the website of the theatre you are planning to visit whose links can be found below. Please verify the theatre policies and requirements before making your purchase.
For A Strange Loop, American Buffalo, Chicago, Come From Away, Company, Dear Evan Hansen, for colored girls, Hangmen, The Little Prince, Macbeth, The Minutes, Mrs. Doubtfire, The Music Man, Paradise Square, The Phantom of the Opera, To Kill a Mockingbird, please visit The Shubert Organization for more information.
For American Utopia, The Book of Mormon, Funny Girl, Hadestown, Moulin Rouge! The Musical, please visit Jujamcyn Theaters for more information.
For Beetlejuice, Hamilton, The Lion King, MJ The Musical, Mr. Saturday Night, Six, Tina – The Tina Turner Musical, Wicked please visit Broadway Direct for more information.
For Birthday Candles, please visit Roundabout Theatre Company for more information.
For Aladdin, please visit Disney on Broadway for more information.
For Take Me Out please visit Second Stage Theater for more information.
For Harry Potter and the Cursed Child, please visit Harry Potter the Play for more information.
For Skeleton Crew please visit Manhattan Theatre Club for more information.
For Plaza Suite, please visit The Hudson Theatre for more information.
For the Vivian Beaumont Theatre, visit Lincoln Center Theater for more information.